Work for Us
Work for Charm City Yoga in exchange for unlimited yoga! Our program is for people who are passionate about yoga and want to be more involved with Charm City Yoga. These positions are much sought after, and there can be a waiting time before a position becomes available.
Our front desk and cleaning positions require one shift per week (4 to 5 hours) with a minimum commitment of six months. This is not a volunteer position. Work-study staff must demonstrate respect, reliability and accountability; you must make every one of our students feel each visit is an exceptional experience. In exchange, you receive unlimited Charm City Yoga classes (at all six of our locations), and there is a retail discount after six months.
“Being a work-study allows me to spread my love of yoga by interacting with everyone that comes into Charm City or contacts us. We all know that we learn even more when you explain to others, so talking about your yoga passion and explaining class styles, flows, and diamond levels allows you to spread your excitement within the Baltimore community. Working as a work study is great beginning to considering becoming a yoga teacher yourself as part of CCY’s numerous teacher training programs.” -Marilyn M.
To be eligible for the Charm City Yoga work-study program you must have regularly attended Charm City Yoga classes for several months:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Commit to the position for at least six months
- Be a people person and possess exceptional communication skills
- Exhibit strong administrative skills
- Be willing to be trained on our procedures and our software
- Regularly attend Charm City Yoga classes
- Reliably attend staff meetings
- Be dependable, punctual and trustworthy
If you meet these criteria, please email your responses to the following questions along with your resume, and a member of the Charm City Yoga management will contact you soon.
Your email should contain:
- Your name, cell phone, and your work-study preferences (front-desk or cleaning, and your location preference: Midtown, Fells Pt, Towson, Federal Hill, Severna Park, or Pikesville)
- A description of yourself, what you do for a living, what draws you to Charm City Yoga, and how long you have practiced yoga
- Which days are you available, what form of transport do you use, and
- Your resume
- Anything else you would like to tell us.